Re: DSSSList policy question

From: Ingo Macherius <Ingo.Macherius@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 04:22:28 +0200 (MET DST)
Tony Graham said:

| The question I am asking every current subscriber is:
|
|    Should the DSSSList allow or discourage posts that are not a
|    question, an answer, or information about DSSSL stuff that you can
|    get for free?

Things I like to see:
	- Books (I am waiting every day for an announcement ;)
	- Conferences
	- DSSSL songs
Things I don't like:
	- Advertisement for products or courses
	- Job offers

| Every current subscriber can vote.  Even if you've yet to post to the
| list, you still receive every message so you should have a say in what
| you want to receive.  Voting will close at 10:00 AM (EDT) on
| Wednesday, May 7, and the last vote received from each subscriber will
| be counted.

The procedere fatally reminds me on Usenet's "Call for votes". Why not
make it a real one and found comp.lang.dsssl ? Due to the nature of
Usenet this would be the place for unconsolidated announcements, while
this list stays clean for technical discussion.

	++im
--
Snail : Ingo Macherius // L'Aigler Platz 4 // D-38678 Clausthal-Zellerfeld
Mail  : Ingo.Macherius@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx WWW: http://www.tu-clausthal.de/~inim/