Re: DSSSL Documentation Project?

Subject: Re: DSSSL Documentation Project?
From: Martin Bryan <mtbryan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 1997 13:59:43 +0100
At 10:46 9/6/97 +0100, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
>I am all in favour of a DSSSL Documentation Project. But I come up
>against a problem - what would be really useful would be a copy of the
>standard with a TOC, an index, and running heads. And we are
>constrained from doing that by copyright etc.

>Half the time you want a cookbook; the other half of the time you want
>a reliable reference. Well, actually what I really want is the
>reliable reference, but with more worked examples _in situ_

Trick - try copying relevant parts of the standard as comments in examples.
In otherwords make the examples into reliable references! (ISO will never
notice it if you remember never to mention ISO/IEC, 10179 or the full title
- they can't check every reference to DSSSL.)
----
Martin Bryan, The SGML Centre, Churchdown, Glos. GL3 2PU, UK
Phone/Fax: +44 1452 714029   WWW home page: http://www.sgml.u-net.com/