Re: DSSSL Documentation Project? -Reply

Subject: Re: DSSSL Documentation Project? -Reply
From: David Pawson <DPawson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 08:32:43 +0000
For chapter one, getting started, using my own technique of
give me the idiots guide, and the suggestion of a FAQ
approach: Sitting down for the first time with the handbook
and Jade (what would we do without James!)

<FAQ>
An idiots list of questions, (we all need the idiots guide once)
Questions to answer for the DSSSL handbook?

<q> Why do I need three files to produce an output?
x.sgm, x.dtd, x.dsl
What is in each one?
</q>

<q> Is dsssl.dtd 'something special?'
I thought my dsssl file was the style-sheet,what is
style-sheet.dtd all about?
It makes reference to an architecture as a base architecture,
what does that mean?
</q>
<q> What does the simplest 'Hello World' setup look like
for Jade?
Will you show me three files, a Jade command line, then
tell me how to look at the output!
</q>
<q>If I want to use my (X) language (say European) which
has
different character sets - outside base ASCII 0-128, how can
use UNICODE to achieve this?
</q>

<!-- If I can answer these questions, I can have some output
within minutes of setting up with the handbook and Jade. -->
</FAQ>