Re: rotating pages?

Subject: Re: rotating pages?
From: Sebastian Rahtz <s.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 14:37:56 +0100 (BST)
 >   (make simple-page-sequence
 >         (make paragraph
 > 	      (literal "First page.")))
 >   (make simple-page-sequence

can i be entirely clear in my mind about this - does
simple-page-sequence have page breaks at start and end? ie
does this:

 (make sequence
   (literal "abc"))
 (make simple-page-sequence
        (make paragraph
 	      (literal "First page.")))
 (make sequence
   (literal "xyx"))

result in 3 pages of output? I have been tying myself in knots with
TeX trying to work out when to start a new page, and when to activate
TeX's page setup.

and I don't quite see why

  (make simple-page-sequence
	page-width: 297mm
	page-height: 211mm
	(make paragraph
	      (literal "Second page.")))

should *rotate* the page, as opposed to requesting a new paper size at
that point. Are you saying, James, that this is a feature of the RTF
backend, or an interpretation of the standard?

it does make sense, in eg, PDF for successive pages to have different
sizes, and I am not sure how to guess when to stick with the same page
size, but rotate the content, as opposed to choosing a new paper size.
would the RTF backend also rotate if you did:

  (make simple-page-sequence
	page-width: 297mm
	page-height: 200mm
	(make paragraph