Re: Paragraph breaks

Subject: Re: Paragraph breaks
From: Daniel Speck <dspeck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 1997 10:01:34 -0400
Dave Love wrote:

>  Norman> If Jade could pass the index terms through to the back end
>  Norman> (creating appropriately marked up hidden text in RTF and
>  Norman> \index{} entries in TeX), then the standard TeX index
>  Norman> builders would work fine.
>
> That's what I meant.  (In the case of TeX you need to get, say,
> `\makeindex' and `\printindex' into the output as well as `\index's.)

TeX has the \special{...} primitive for embedding arbitrary text in a
DVI file. I think something like this would be beneficial for DSSSL
style specifications. I guess this is the purpose of the non-standard
formatting-instruction flow object class but this class seems to be
linked closely with the SGML back-end.

-dan

--
Daniel Speck                              e-mail: dspeck@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Research Engineer                          voice:     +1 301.548.7818