Re: returning a nodelist

Subject: Re: returning a nodelist
From: Brandon Ibach <bibach@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 17:55:49 -0600 (CST)
Tony Graham said:

> At 10 Dec 1998 15:49 -0600, Brandon Ibach wrote:
>  >    Basically, everything in DSSSL/Scheme/Lisp is an expression to be
>  > evaluated.  The first part of chapter 8 of the DSSSL spec covers this
>  > fairly clearly and in good detail, but I'll give a quick summary.  (If
>  > I didn't have other obligations, I'd be very tempted to just get it
>  > over with and try to write a book on DSSSL... *sigh*).
>
> You could just write a small part and contribute it to the DSSSL
> Documentation Project.
>
> There's more than enough knowledge amongst people on this list to
> write a book on DSSSL, but seemingly no-one has the time to write a
> book by themselves.  I remain convinced that DSSSL is being held back
> by the lack of reference material, and the DSSSL Documentation
> Project, by providing the reference material that we all need, is
> meant to be a place where we can pool our resources for our mutual
> benefit.

   I agree wholeheartedly.  In fact, in the times that I have
contemplated the book idea, I have thought to start with the materials
already available at the DSSSL Doc Project, and to then contribute the
final result back to the project.
   At this point, I feel a strong pull to do some implementation work.
Namely, I feel there is a desperate need for a good quality
implementation of the DSSSL Transformation Language, and have spent
some time considering how I might approach such a task.
   Nonetheless, with all the time I have spent on some of my longer
diatribes here, I may as well be contributing to the DDP.  I'll take a
look at the structure of things there and see if I can't contribute
some general materials on DSSSL/Scheme, as that seems to be the area
where I could contribute the most.  (At last!  A really good reason to
finally get properly familiarized with Docbook... :)

-Brandon :)