Re: "use"'ing style specs

Subject: Re: "use"'ing style specs
From: "Frank A. Christoph" <christo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 12:34:41 +0900
>At 99/02/03 18:09 +0900, Frank A. Christoph wrote:
>>Precisely, what are the semantics of the "use" attribute of a
>style-specification element type in the DSSSL architecture supposed to be?
>I can't find any mention of it in the standard (in section 7.1). Is it
>described elsewhere?
>
>I learned everything I needed to know about "use:" in section 12.4.6
>because this section details the prioritized algorithm by which a
>characteristic for a flow object is chosen from many possible sources,
>including one source being a "use:" style specification.

Take a look at 7.1. I'm referring to the "use" attribute (or really, attribute type, I guess, since it's an architecture), not the "use:" characteristic.  For example,

(define y x)
(define x 1)

I can't find any place where the semantics for "use" are defined.

--FC

ÒI"â²Ø§~?§uªÜ?+Þ?Ûiÿü0Âk¥mêëÊ×??Ê&ýÛ,²_ݲË%?Ë