Re: 2 questions

Subject: Re: 2 questions
From: Adam Di Carlo <adam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 21 May 1999 00:08:41 -0400
Joerg Wittenberger <Joerg.Wittenberger@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> 1) I want to use jade -t sgml for a document conversion, but I can't
> figure how to keep the comments from the input in the output.  (What
> we want to do is to convert a bunch of documents from one DTD to
> another for further editing.)  Impossible?  Any suggestion what to do
> instead?

Urm!  I guess you could use Perl or Scheme or something.  I really
wasn't aware of this problem.  Maybe you could pre-process the
document to turn <!-- ... --> (proper comment regexps are kinda
tricky) to become, um, <comment>...</comment> and then post-process it
back?

> 2) I asked that a couple of days ago.  Still unable to find what's
> up.  When I format some elements into a table the paragraphs within
> the table-cell are not broken by the tex backend.  Instead they end up
> at one line.  If I use the same style sheet modified to exclude the
> table stuff all those paragraphs are fine.  What *could* be wrong?

Can you make it easy on us and actually supply the DSSSL and the SGML
you are using?

--
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<URL:http://www.onShore.com/>