Re: 2 questions

Subject: Re: 2 questions
From: Tsyshevsky Vladimir <wowa@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 11:34:05 +0400
>cc: dssslist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>From: Adam Di Carlo <adam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>Date: 21 May 1999 00:08:41 -0400
>Sender: owner-dssslist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>Joerg Wittenberger <Joerg.Wittenberger@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> 1) I want to use jade -t sgml for a document conversion, but I can't
>> figure how to keep the comments from the input in the output.  (What
>> we want to do is to convert a bunch of documents from one DTD to
>> another for further editing.)  Impossible?  Any suggestion what to do
>> instead?
>
>Urm!  I guess you could use Perl or Scheme or something.  I really
>wasn't aware of this problem.  Maybe you could pre-process the
>document to turn <!-- ... --> (proper comment regexps are kinda
>tricky) to become, um, <comment>...</comment> and then post-process it
>back?

Such things as sgml comments, ignored chars, DTD contents etc. are not
included into grove created by jade. But you can access is at more low
level (you have to inherit new class from ParserApp and process all the
Event callbacks related).

I managed to create the interface for Scheme programming language, and
successfully used it in three working applications. Using it, for
example, I can assemble back literally exact copy of any SGML document.

Initially the interface designed for MzScheme package and tested on
Unix, now it ported to Bigloo (in alpha-pre-release).

I plan to get sources publicly available as soon as I write some more
documentation.

Regards,

Vladimir V. Tsychevski senior expert