RE: SGML entity mgmt stds

Subject: RE: SGML entity mgmt stds
From: "Didier PH Martin" <martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 07:03:24 -0400
Hi Mark,

    Adam> "Didier PH Martin" <martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
    >> Does Red Hat includes OpenJade???

    Adam> I'm not aware that there is a release of OpenJade yet.

Mark >
	Indeed, although you can use SGMLtools or my packages on Red Hat, and
	you get jade 1.2.1.  From a user level you will not really know the
	difference between jade and the next release (which will be Open
	Jade).

I asked the question to Adam because I am a member of the OpenJade team and
wanted to know if Red Hat was packaging OpenJade with their release. I can
tell you than from the user point of view and depending on which feature you
want to use, there is a difference between OpenJade and Jade. jade is dead
organism and OpenJade a living body evolving each day. Of course, OpenJade
is based on Jade's code base but the OpenJade branch is evolving, jade is
not.

 For more info about OpenJade go to:

http://www.netfolder.com/DSSSL

If you have a package or a link you want us to add to this resource page,
please do so by e-mailing me.

regards
Didier PH Martin
mailto:martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx