Re: QuarkXpress backend for jade

Subject: Re: QuarkXpress backend for jade
From: "Christof Drescher" <drescher@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 09:49:57 +0100
Franck DELAHAYE <franck.delahaye@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>Hi,
>I'm looking for a solution to generate a QuarkXpress document from an
>SGML document.
>So, did anybody work on a QuarXpress backend for jade ?
>Or, are there any solution from an existing jade backend ?

Not that I know of; the most encouraging solution today is to use Jade to
produce TeX and then PDF; I myself am working on a direct PDF backend. This
ensures the quality for professional post-production on printing machines. A
conversion to native QXD is, in my opinion, very difficult (since to my
knowledge Quark has not opened its file structure to the public) and not
very desirebale, as changes in the later QXD would not reflect in the
SGML/DSSSL documents.

Why did you ask? For quality reasons or really for using the QXD lateron?

Christof