Re: UNC file://

Subject: Re: UNC file://
From: Tony Graham <tgraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 16:56:07 -0400 (EST)
At 1 May 2000 16:00 -0500, Brandon Ibach wrote:
 > Quoting Maltby, David G <david.g.maltby@xxxxxxxx>:
 > > How do I get OpenJade to resolve a UNC in the document type declaration?
 > >
 >    Unfortunately, to the best of my knowledge, SP (which is the part
 > of OpenJade that would have to resolve the system identifier) does not
 > currently support UNCs.  So, you just need a way to have SP ignore the
 > system identifier and resolve the public identifier.  The easiest way
 > to do this, I think, would be to use the OVERRIDE keyword in your
 > catalog file.

Another option is to use a SYSTEM entry in your catalog to map the UNC
name that Jade can't find onto a file that it can find.  This doesn't
require OVERRIDE YES.

Regards,

Tony Graham
Tony Graham                            mailto:tgraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
17 West Jefferson Street                    Direct Phone: 301/315-9632