Re: "rule" object in Jade/RTF

Subject: Re: "rule" object in Jade/RTF
From: Jany Quintard <quintard.j@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 17:07:47 +0200 (CEST)
On Wed, 3 May 2000, Murray Stokely wrote:

>   I'm trying to make a horizontal line with Jade's RTF backend but I'm
> not having much luck.  This feature is supposed to be supported; does
> anything look wrong with my code?
Yes. display-alignment is a symbol. write it with a ' like you do for
bold. This is indicated in the report by (open)jade :
(reference to undefined variable "center").

> (element title
>   (make sequence
>     (make rule
>       length: 14pt
>       display-alignment: center
>       line-thickness: 2pt)
>     (make paragraph
>       font-weight: 'bold
>       font-size: 16pt
>       font-family-name: "Arial"
>       (process-children))))

I pasted your code in my stylesheet and with this correction, it works.

I am puzzled by a detail that maybe someone could explain :
The spec (12.6.14. Rule Flow Object Class) says that orientation: has no
default value and so shall be specified. But it seems to work without it.

Jany.