Re: "rule" object in Jade/RTF

Subject: Re: "rule" object in Jade/RTF
From: Brandon Ibach <bibach@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 14:02:50 -0500
Quoting Jany Quintard <quintard.j@xxxxxx>:
> I am puzzled by a detail that maybe someone could explain :
> The spec (12.6.14. Rule Flow Object Class) says that orientation: has no
> default value and so shall be specified. But it seems to work without it.

   This would appear to be a bug in [Open]Jade.  When a new "Rule"
object is created in the style engine, the orientation is defaulted to
horizontal.  From a practical standpoint, however, I'd call this a bug
in the standard.  It is so common for rules to be horizontal that it
makes sense for this to be the default, I think.

-Brandon :)