Re: Differences between backends.

Subject: Re: Differences between backends.
From: Jany Quintard <quintard.j@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 15:58:30 +0200 (CEST)
On Wed, 31 May 2000, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> Jany Quintard writes:
>  > I have noticed some differencs between print backends (TeX/PDF and RTF).
>  > Is it normal or am I doing errors ?
>
> normal, but not right, at a guess
>
>  > - A first diffrence is the output format of page-numbers.
>  > I want to have page number in the toc with roman format (I, II, III, IV
>  > ...).
>  > It works in RTF, but not in PDF (seems connected to TeX backend, since
>  > dvi output is as PDF).
>
> I dont know what this turns into in the TeX file, can you tell me?
I send you a TeX file.

>  > - The page-number-restart seems to work differently, depending on the
>  > backend.
> details?
I want to have two sets of numbered pages, one for the TOC, the other one
for the body of the document.
In RTF, each subchapter of the first chapter starts a new numbering.
In PDF, the result is as I expected. The first chapter begins with page 1.
I assume there must be a bug in the stylesheet, but what is surprising is
the difference between the two results.

>  > - I build bookmarks in the RTF output file using the following :
> ..
>  > The online view is correct in RTF, but I can't see the bookmarks in PDF.
>
> can you make a small sample file and send me the .tex version?
I can simplify the SGML file, but the DSSSL specification is quite large.
I try to reduce its size, so it is easier to use (if you need it)

Just for checking : The SGML file links to a JPEG file. The outputs in RTF
and PDF are OK. But could this disturb the processing of TeX files ?

TIA. Jany.