RE: (dsssl) DSSSL stylesheet for xsl fo

Subject: RE: (dsssl) DSSSL stylesheet for xsl fo
From: "Ribeiro, Glauber" <glauber.ribeiro@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 06:50:36 -0800
] Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 11:14:01 -0500
] From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
[...]

] However, my problem is that XML+DSSSL+Word+Exchange loses hyperlinks ...
so
] my books that have rich XML links end up being monolithic slabs of text
] without hyperlinks when I publish.  The links are just fine in the RTF,
but
] they are lost using Adobe.
[...]

Ken, i used to be frustrated with this too. Have you tried using the TeX
backend? These days, it's not hard to have a working TeX system. You need to
go to http://www.tug.org and click on "how to join". Pay the $65 fee to
become a member and they'll send you the "TeX Live" CD. From there on it's
painless. Stick the CD in the drive, run the install program (you can set it
up to copy TeX to your hard disk or to run directly from the CD). Use Jade
to generate TeX, use pdfjadetex to create beautiful PDF files. You don't
need to know TeX, just run "pdfjadetex yourdoc.tex". It's really painless.

The CD has binaries for Windoze, Dec Alpha, HP9000, Linux, FreeBSD, Irix,
AIX and solaris.