Re: (dsssl) Substring manipulation?

Subject: Re: (dsssl) Substring manipulation?
From: Jany Quintard <quintard.j@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 16:47:08 +0100 (CET)
On Fri, 2 Feb 2001, David Perrin wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Trying to use the substring function but having a tough time determining the
> function to use to calculate the start position.
>
> .../...
>
> Any suggestions on what function(s) to use to locate the position of the
> first occurance of a particular character are greatly appreciated.

Look at Mulberry Tech procedures
(http://www.mulberrytech.com/dsssl/dsssldoc/procedures/c0203.html)

I guess the function find-first-char is just what you want.
The best is to download the proc to your machine and declare it in your
stylesheets.
He, j'aurais même pu écrire en Français, non ?

Jany.

     Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author
           and do not necessarily represent those of IBM.