(dsssl) Substring manipulation?

Subject: (dsssl) Substring manipulation?
From: "David Perrin" <dperrin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 09:35:37 -0500
Hi there,

Trying to use the substring function but having a tough time determining the
function to use to calculate the start position.

I have a string (eg Ingredient: Flour) and I want to get the position of a
character (eg : ) The end result is I'm looking to use the substring
function to return the right side of the string. Something like the
following...

(literal (substring string position-of-colon len(string)))

Any suggestions on what function(s) to use to locate the position of the
first occurance of a particular character are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

David Perrin