Re: (dsssl) Practical Bibliography question

Subject: Re: (dsssl) Practical Bibliography question
From: "M. Wroth" <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2001 06:12:42 -0700
At 03:44 AM 10/5/01 -0700, Trent Shipley wrote:
The project to format my dissertation using DSSSL and OpenJade is coming
along adequately.

[...]

Get list of works cited in the main text using Perl or XSL tool.
Edit master bibliography by hand to get list of references actually used

Why do this by hand? I assume XSL could perform this step, but I'm pretty sure DSSSL can; search the archive of this list and you will find a set of scripts that do something equivalent. I was never completely satisfied with them, as they required two documents, one containing (presumably but not necessarily via an entity inclusion) the full bibliography, and the processed one containing only the cited references that was actually formatted. I wanted to do that in a single pass, which I never quite got working correctly. But that seems to be the mode you plan to operate in ...

If you can't find it in the archives, let me know, and I can probably dig up my derivative stylesheets.

Mark B. Wroth <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>