Re: (dsssl) Fancier title pages

Subject: Re: (dsssl) Fancier title pages
From: Brandon Ibach <bibach@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 16:47:29 -0600
Quoting Patrick M Doane <patrick@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> Does anyone have any examples of making fancier title pages than the
> mechanism included with Norman's Modular stylesheets?  These work well
> enough to start with, but are a little bare when compared with most title
> pages produced.
>
> Flexibility is not too important - I'm just not very familiar with the
> DSSSL flow objects yet to know what might be possible to accomplish.

   Just off the top of my head, I'd suggest looking at the Docbook DTD
to see what tags are allowed within the content that constitutes the
title page.  A graphic or two, and perhaps some horizontal rules, can
do wonders. :)  Once you see what Docbook allows, experiment a bit to
see how the stylesheets will render various combinations.

-Brandon :)