Re: (dsssl) Doubt

Subject: Re: (dsssl) Doubt
From: Jany Quintard <jany.quintard@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 09:22:30 +0200
* Samantha Mozart [Thu, 13/06/2002 at 11:44 -0400]
> Hi, thanks for help me.
>
> Here a piece of my code. First style, after SGML.
> I'm using simpara element to try to insert blank pages.
> .../...

> ;; In my mind, for example, if I want to insert a blank
>  page,
> ;; I insert <simpara></simpara>
I did not look very closely to your code, but I will have more time
tonight (after work).
But, I believe that doing what you say is breaking the law of
separation of content and presentation. Here, you modify the document in
order to modify the presentation. This modification should be
computed from the structure of the document, not inserted in it.
Maybe I am a kind of "psychorigid ML die hard" saying this, but
the way you try to do this is more appropriate to some Word-processors
(No, I won't call names! :-) than to proper SGML processing.

--
Jany