Re: (dsssl) OpenJade Segmentation Fault

Subject: Re: (dsssl) OpenJade Segmentation Fault
From: "Markus Hoenicka" <hoenicka_markus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 02:23:37 +0200
Javier Jimenez writes:
 > When i use 'http://www.toomanysecrets.net/~foster/cygwin/'
 > as an extra mirror site to download 'openjade' and related packages
 > the setup puts openjade executables at '/usr/bin', that is, my
 > 'c:/Programas/cygwin/usr/bin' folder. But the cygwin mount system hides
 > this folder (i don't know why, though it would be a good question to ask):

This is a Cygwin oddity, the reasons of which you can find in the
Cygwin mailing list archives.

 > That's why i was actually running the older version (at '/usr/local/bin') and
 > not the recently installed one. The solution is just to move (from W2K) all
 > the files under 'c:/Programas/cygwin/usr/bin' to 'c:/Programas/cygwin/bin'.

This is offtopic here, but you might run into trouble sooner or
later. The better solution would have been to remove the older binary
from your path and to leave the rest where it was.

 > The program still crashes.

Then it is pretty clear that we're looking at a Cygwin-specific bug
unless someone else reports the same problem on a different
platform. Someone with access to a Cygwin installation would have to
debug this. Even if you don't have any experience in debugging you
could help by trying to trim the document to the smallest subset that
still crashes OpenJade.

regards,
Markus

--