Re: (dsssl) Properly numerated biblography references

Subject: Re: (dsssl) Properly numerated biblography references
From: "Pavel Tolkachev" <pavel.tolkachev@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 11:54:07 -0500
Thanks Javier, but that does not solves the problem. I tried <citation>, but what stylesheet does, is just enclosing the id of the <biblioentry> to the square brackets (at least in pdf output).

What I want to acheive is to continue using meaningful abbreviations in <biblioentry> ids, like "Ulman96" but for references to look as [1], [2], etc. in the output, where the number is the sequential number of the <biblioentry> in the <bibliography>. It is useful when you want to add something into long bibliography and the order in which the entries appear there is important for you. Then you do not want to use id like "1", "2" etc. For example, if you insert 50th element in 100-element bibliography you would have to re-number 50 last elements manually. Also, meaningful references in the source is easier for authoring. But for the output document, there is a requirement to show references as [1], [2], etc.

I beleive I might have to change the top level stylesheet to achieve it and that's why it is a DSSSL question. Please correct me if I am wrong and I can get the desired result just using <citation> -- I will be happy to admit my wrongness in using DocBook.

Thank you,
Pavel

                      "Javier Farreres de la
                      Morena"                           To:       dssslist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                      <spanish@xxxxxxxxx>               cc:
                      Sent by:                          Subject:  (dsssl) Properly numerated biblography references
                      owner-dssslist@xxxxxxxxxxx
                      rrytech.com

                      01/23/2003 10:30 AM
                      Please respond to dssslist

>In my DocBook documents I use <xref> links to refer to <biblioentry>. In

You are wrongly using DocBook markup. I happened to commit the same error.
Bibliographic entries are referenced using citation element, not xref.
Yours is not an openjade problem.

ADSL Tiscali -  http://adsl.tiscali.es
el más completo y competitivo ¡por sólo 38.95 ?!
Y además, llama GRATIS desde tu PC.