Re: [jats-list] [ANN] XSLT 3 training - dates for February, March, April 2021

Subject: Re: [jats-list] [ANN] XSLT 3 training - dates for February, March, April 2021
From: "Gareth Oakes goakes@xxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2021 22:30:05 -0000
Sorry to jump in but that is an interesting thought. I suspect your average PE
would get stuck on the fact that you need to know XPath and be quite familiar
with the JATS schema in order to create good Schematron assertions or reports.
I wonder if there is a UI solution that would help in this case though? I'm
not aware of one but am interested to hear from others. It would sure save the
trouble of having an XML person come in to define and maintain those basic
editorial rules.

I think the pre-requisites for Schematron are experience with XML, good
knowledge of XPath, and working knowledge of the schema you are writing rules
against.

// Gareth Oakes
// VP Content Technologies, GPSL
// www.gpsl.co