Re: [jats-list] Can an Editor Write Schematron?

Subject: Re: [jats-list] Can an Editor Write Schematron?
From: "Liam R. E. Quin liam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2021 23:36:17 -0000
On Thu, 2021-02-11 at 23:03 +0000, Gareth Oakes goakes@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Codifying the logic as English statements in a spreadsheet seems like
> a good approach. I wonder if you can "sync" this with the Schematron
> by generating English language statements from the Schematron
> asserts/reports?B

They are likely to get a bit unweildy, but for years when people have
come to me with "why isn't my XPath [version 1] expression working"
i've read it back to them in English and they have immediately seen
their error or misunderstanding.
	foo/bar/[@a = 1]/gamma
is a common error, but it's hard to write software that reads back
syntax errors and explains them. But semantic errors are doable. Saxon
has some fabulous warnings,such as when you think you have a language
keyword but it's really looking for an element called "return" or
"true" or whatever.

At any rate i'm looking at running Schematron courses, yes. :)

--
Liam Quin,B https://www.delightfulcomputing.com/
Barefoot Web-slave, antique illustrations: B http://www.fromoldbooks.org