Requirements draft

Subject: Requirements draft
From: Paul Prescod <papresco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 12:03:11 -0400
For those who do not know, the new XSL requirements draft is at:

http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-XSLReq

It's going to be one hell of a language. I notice that it is supposed to
have a very compete set of features for both print and online.

I hope it is built very incrementally because the world can't wait for the
Uber-stylesheet language. But I think that the participants know that.

I'm curious about one point:

"User Defined Functions

         For reuse. Parameterized, but not recursive."

Does anyone know what that means? Are we talking about a function call
mechansim *other than* the one defined in ECMAScript? and also different
from Flow Object Macros?

Can we afford to feed that army,
 while so many children are naked and hungry?
Can we afford to remain passive,
 while that soldier-army is growing so massive?
  - "Gabby" Barbadian Calpysonian in "Boots"