Re: removing HTML flow objects?

Subject: Re: removing HTML flow objects?
From: "Frank Boumphrey" <bckman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 13:21:45 -0400
The MSXSL parser transforms XML into HTML. This I believe will remain
unchanged.

I believe, and I am not privy to any inside information, this is only
gleaned from tid-bits I have picked up on the list, that the WG considers
that using HTML syntax to create flow objects is too confusing to the
average user.

In the following example:-

<xsl>
  <rule>
 <!--here is the pattern part of the rule-->
   <target-element type= "greeting"/>
 <!--here is the action part of the rule-->
  <DIV color= "blue">
  <children/>
  </DIV>
  </rule>
 </xsl>
 <!--This rule uses CSS/HTML flow objects-->

We are creating a DIV type flow object with the CSS propert of "color" and a
value of "blue". It is this that I believe the WG may alter although I for
one believe it will be a HUGE mistake if they do, because it will
immediatley drive away 90% of the potential users of XSL.

Frank