Re: EcmaScript, gone?

Subject: Re: EcmaScript, gone?
From: Hakon Lie <howcome@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 17:05:22 +0200 (Europe de l'Ouest (Heure d'été))
Francois Belanger wrote:

 > >As you probably
 > >know, there is a stylesheet-related concept called a "behaviour sheet."
 >
 > I don't know about "behaviour sheet", but the idea seems quite
 > interesting and does neatly separate declaration and code. True many HTML
 > pages with JavaScript are a mess to read. Could you provide a sample?

A recent submission [1] from Netscape to W3C addresses this issue.

>From the abstract:

  Action sheets provide a mechanism for separation of event-based
  behavior from the structure of HTML and XML documents. This is similar
  to the way in which style sheets provide a separation between visual
  presentation properties and document structure. This concept allows a
  document author to introduce script-based event handling into an XML
  document, without modifying the document's DTD. It also allows for the
  packaging of reusable actions that can be applied to multiple HTML or
  XML documents. While action sheets share concepts and mechanism with
  style sheets, they differ by defining interaction rather than
  presentation. This document defines both the general concept of action
  systems and a concrete action sheet language.

[1] http://www.w3.org/Submission/1998/10/

Regards,

-h&kon

H   å   k   o   n      W   i   u   m       L   i   e
howcome@xxxxxx      http://www.w3.org/people/howcome
World     W      i     d     e       Web  Consortium