Re: how to call Javascript function in .xsl file

Subject: Re: how to call Javascript function in .xsl file
From: "Amit Rekhi" <amitr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 1998 09:47:23 +0530
Sorry for joining this thread so late and for asking a basic ques.

>If you are outputting HTML, and want to add in JavaScript code to the
>output, I would suggest you do that through a post-process.

Why should adding HTML JavaScript code to template be a problem.
Can't I have a pattern rule like :-

<xsl:template match="/">
<HTML>
   <HEAD>
     <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript"><![CDATA[
        function Test()
        {
          [.....code....]
        }
     ]]></SCRIPT>
   </HEAD>
</HTML>
</xsl:template>

Is not this a valid template ?

I think the problem is in calling a JavaScript function rather than in
adding one to the HTML output
Am I right here?

Function Invocation is a problem since <eval> or any such calling syntax is
not a part of the XSL spec.

But then there is no use in writing a function one cannot invoke.

AMIT