Re: syntax feedback

Subject: Re: syntax feedback
From: Sebastian Rahtz <s.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 12:40:20 +0000 (GMT)
Andy Dent writes:
 > What's so wrong with DSSL for complex printing? I don't see the motivation
 > for tools to be developed to handle anything significantly dumbed down from
 > DSSL and the presence of JADE means there's a strong base on which people
 > can develop tools like your FOP PDF.

One incomplete and (apparently) frozen implementation with a limited
range of incomplete backends is not exactly something to put your
shirt on, is it?

I *dearly* wish someone would write a complete implementation of the
DSSSL style language. but even so, we don't (IMHO) have formatters
capable of doing the job such an implementation would require.

sebastian