Re: XML on Gecko

Subject: Re: XML on Gecko
From: "John E. Simpson" <simpson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 1999 08:39:14 -0500
At 12:09 PM 4/1/99 +0200, Chris Lilley wrote:
>[I] wrote:
>> One bitter disappointment in attempting to use CSS with either Gecko or IE5
>> was that neither, apparently, supports generated text.
>Thats where you can use XSL on the server side to make up the shortfall
>- add your generated text there, while keeping your original XML files.

Exactly what I'm doing. Additional advantage: Got me off my duff to *use*
XSL. ;)

Re: your comments about 70% CSS1 support in major browsers.... In general,
I tend to be one of those bovine sorts who go along to get along -- trying
to remember that the frustrations of waiting for some particular
sub-technology today are painful exactly *because* the overall technology
didn't exist at all a few years ago.

Still, every now and then some little absence (like generated text) just
rubs me the wrong way.

Thanks for your comments, Chris.