Debugging Stylesheets When Using IE5 (Was Re: Creating Hyperlinks using XSL and XML)

Subject: Debugging Stylesheets When Using IE5 (Was Re: Creating Hyperlinks using XSL and XML)
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 1999 20:49:11 -0700
At 99/04/05 23:47 -0400, John E. Simpson wrote:
>(The
>one thing that drives me absolutely berserk occurs when trying to debug a
>stylesheet; frequently, for no reason that I can discern, IE5 simply
>displays a blank page. "Hmm, I wonder what's wrong?" I think, and pull down
>the View Source menu selection. ***But it doesn't show you the result tree
>-- it shows you the SOURCE TREE.*** Which never changes, no matter *what*
>you do to the XSL.)

This seems to be a frequently asked question of the list, so I've put the
answer up on my website as a resource reference to which people can point
in order to help others.

The HTML results of the Microsoft XSL engine in Internet Explorer 5
processing a given XSL document on a given XML document can be examined
using the methodology described in the Resource Library section of our
website in the address below.

A sample script is included to use with the Microsoft Windows Scripting Host.

I hope this helps.

--
G. Ken Holman                  mailto:gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Crane Softwrights Ltd.           http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/