Grand Unification Theory (XSL/XPointer)

Subject: Grand Unification Theory (XSL/XPointer)
From: Micah Dubinko <mdubinko@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 22:18:45 -0700
Hi Didier,

Getting a nice thread going here should hopefully get the W3C's
attention. :-) Politics is about the here and now. The technical specs,
however, will have a lasting impact for years (decades?) to come.

"Didier PH Martin" <martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>I think that the problem could be more political than practical. The two
>specs are developed by two groups and there is probably no mechanism in
>place to re-unite these worlds. I may be wrong, and I wish I am.

I may be idealistic, but I think if enough people constructively speak
up, it can make a difference. Some possible discussion points are:

* What are some useful examples/suggestions on unifying these two specs?
* What specific bad things might happen if the specs remain separate?
* What specific concrete needs are there, today, for unification?

Later,

.micah