Re: Grand Unification Theory (XSL/XPointer)

Subject: Re: Grand Unification Theory (XSL/XPointer)
From: Duane Nickull <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 10:36:49 -0700
BRavo, Didier, Bravo!!!!

Someone had to speak up!  Here is my two cents, quoted directly from the
w3.org

<quote interpretation="Duane Nickull's view">
"XML (*AND* it's relatives like XSL, Xlink & XPointer) will ~

     Make it easy for people to process data using inexpensive software
     Allow people to display information the way they want it
</quote>

<extrapolation>
No one should loose sight of the word "easy" in the second sentence.
Too many choices                  = confusion.
Too many ways to perform one task = confusion.
</extrapolation>

<opinion>
XSL and XPointer must remain on the track on it's(XML's) original
mandate.  We all saw what happened to HTML.  Let's not make the same
mistake twice.

I am for unification of XSL and XPointer.
</opinion>

Duane Nickull