RE: Grand Unification Theory (XSL/XPointer)

Subject: RE: Grand Unification Theory (XSL/XPointer)
From: "Didier PH Martin" <martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 14:45:15 -0400
Hi,

<Comment>
> A) first goal: see if both name space contexts could be expressed with the
> same delimitation convention (i.e uses "/")
Agree.

> b) second goal: integrate instance reference to class reference with the
> addition of indexes.
How can we index element1//element2? The easiest way is to index in
document order which no longer show its structure.
</Comment>

<reply>
Sorry, I didn't understood your point. Can you explain a bit more? Why are
you using the following notation "element1//element2"

Here is a model of the hierarchy I was referring to:

<element1> element 1 data </element1>
  <element2> element2 data instance 1 </element2>
  <element2> element 2 data instance 2 </element2>

I tried to include the XPOinter index notation but with "/" instead. So,
"element1/element2(1)" was referring to the first instance of element2.

But it seems that you noticed a bug, can you be more explicit so that I can
understand your point. I want to be sure I understand you well.
</reply>

regards
Didier PH Martin
mailto:martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx