RE: Grand Unification Theory (XSL/XPointer)

Subject: RE: Grand Unification Theory (XSL/XPointer)
From: "Didier PH Martin" <martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 10:08:37 -0400
Hi Nantapon,

<Comment>
Given XSL Pattern "element1//element2", I wondered how I could index it.
If I used "element1//element2(1)", It would not show the real position of
element2. I have reread the XPointer WD and found that // corresponds
to descendant which also use document order. So it won't be problem,
anymore. :P

So it is great idea to unify XSL Pattern and XPointer. If XSL Select
Pattern is subset of XPointer and we can describe match pattern using
select pattern, we can adopt XPointer.
</Comment>

<reply>
thanks for the precision. You are right, if one becomes a subset of the
other, we would have a sense of unity and of good design. We could then say,
Yes, this is improvement :-)
I don't know if you know the asterix comics but without this unity, XML
would be a house designed by the architect in the asterix in Egypt comic
book :-)
</reply>

regards
Didier PH Martin