Re: HTML is a formatting/UI language was: RE: Formatting Objects considered harmful

Subject: Re: HTML is a formatting/UI language was: RE: Formatting Objects considered harmful
From: Paul Prescod <paul@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 17:31:43 -0500
Håkon Wium Lie wrote:

> There is a small cost involved in the server-side conversion, yes. But
> you can still do the client side processing since all your data is
> still there.

In this case it is, but in general it isn't. How do we carry forward
attribute values? Multiended Xlinks? Complex RDF properties?

> What you gain is accessibility.

What does it matter if the transformation is done on the client or the
server as long as it can be done?
 http://itrc.uwaterloo.ca/~papresco

"The Excursion [Sport Utility Vehicle] is so large that it will come
equipped with adjustable pedals to fit smaller drivers and sensor
devices that warn the driver when he or she is about to back into a
Toyota or some other object." -- Dallas Morning News