RE: How to use ENTITY declarations and references?

Subject: RE: How to use ENTITY declarations and references?
From: Mike Brown <mbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 11:00:17 -0600
>   xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/XSL/Transform/1.0";
>
> Why do you say (now invalid)? That is the correct namespace for the
> current draft of XSL.

Looking at the XSLT spec more carefully, I see that it does indeed say in
section 2,

"XSLT processors must use the XML namespaces mechanism [XML Names] for both
source documents and stylesheets. All XSLT defined elements, that is those
specified in this document with a prefix of xsl:, will only be recognized by
the XSLT processor if they belong to a namespace with the URI
http://www.w3.org/XSL/Transform/1.0; XSLT defined elements are recognized
only in the stylesheet not in the source document."

So I think this answers my last question -- which spec *should* we point
to... but it begs the question, why are we told to use
http://www.w3.org/XSL/Transform/1.0 instead of http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xslt
? Is this an oversight in the spec?