Re: How to use ENTITY declarations and references?

Subject: Re: How to use ENTITY declarations and references?
From: Paul Prescod <paul@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 May 1999 13:22:50 -0500
Mike Brown wrote:

> So I think this answers my last question -- which spec *should* we point
> to... but it begs the question, why are we told to use
> http://www.w3.org/XSL/Transform/1.0 instead of http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xslt
> ? Is this an oversight in the spec?

Namespace URIs do not, in general, point to anything concrete. They are
just arbitrarily assigned strings that are compared character for
character. I consider it a design flaw to use something that looks so much
like it should be dereferenced but the idea was that people could manage
their "namespace namespace" at the same time that they manage their
website. If your departmental URL space is /finance then you could invent
/finance namespace URIs.

 http://itrc.uwaterloo.ca/~papresco

The first three Noble Truths of Python:
  All that is not Python is suffering.
  The origin of suffering lies in the use of not-Python.
  The cessation of suffering can be achieved by not using not-Python.
http://www.pauahtun.org/4nobletruthsofpython.html