Re: Part A - Generic parse.allXML function

Subject: Re: Part A - Generic parse.allXML function
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 16:07:17 +0100 (BST)
> I don't need XSLT as it is the HTML I'm after.

XSLT is the current name for what you were using!
The transformation part of XSL (without the fo:xxx formatting objects)

> David  -  errrr, I have this running just fine in IE5.0,

Ah that might explain it. Remember that XSL is still in draft so that
the spec changes (quite a lot) from time to time and any given
implementation will only implement one version of the draft spec, and in
the case of the MS implementatiion, also has some non standard
differences that were never in any of the W3C drafts of XSL.

So while having something run in IE5 is no doubt useful it's a bit
confusing if you call it `XSL' without any further qualification
as, as I said, it won't run at all on an XSL engine that conforms to the
current draft.

Conversely of course if you try some XSL that does conform (such as my
verb.xsl example) then it doesn't run in IE5.

The price we pay for using languages that are still being developed:-)

David