RE: SAXON 5.0 is available

Subject: RE: SAXON 5.0 is available
From: Kay Michael <Michael.Kay@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 13:19:47 -0000
> I only noticed that the compiler is still not shiped with this
> version, and as we got trouble with the previous one (with SAXON 4.5
> ), I wonder if you have some plan on this subject ? May you need some
> help to finish it ?

If you poke around the source code you'll find that it contains 80% of a
rewrite of the compiler. When the 1.0 specs came out I decided to drop work
on that and concentrate my efforts on shipping a conforming interpreter. I
still hope to get the compiler finished, though my enthusiasm has been a
little diminished by early performance results: there's no point shipping it
unless it runs significantly faster than the interpreter.

Mike Kay