Re: [xsl] order-by: char or int?

Subject: Re: [xsl] order-by: char or int?
From: "TP" <tpass001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 11:27:42 -0600
> Use XSL (that means change namespace to
> http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform, more information at
> www.netcrucible.com), use <xsl:sort> instead of order-by and set the
> attribute data-type (more information at
http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#sorting).

Hi all,

This is regarding xsl:order-by. I tried changing to a new stylesheet, but
that did not help but gave me more hours of work. I have taken over a
project that uses Microsoft WD-xsl language and a lot of xsl:eval's which
set a few window varibles using javascript that are used elsewhere (i know
that is probably not the best design). i tried using xsl - xslt convertor
from microsoft, that did not help and created more confusion.

So the conclusion is that at least for this style sheet i have to use the
old microsoft xsl language, i.e. use xsl:order-by, which brings be back to
my question. Can i sort numbers using order-by like in xsl:sort, we can set
data type = number or char or something. surely when order-by came out,
someone must have faced what i am facing.

any help will be appriciated.

Thanks.

TP.