Re: [xsl] Queestion about postional predicates de-mystified

Subject: Re: [xsl] Queestion about postional predicates de-mystified
From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 17:39:39 +0000
Hi Carlos,

>   <xsl:value-of select="for $e in ancestor::node()
>                             return if-absent(name($e), '')"
>                 separator="/" />
>
> My apologies for the ignorance but are re the for, if-absent, return and
> separator clauses part of Xpath 2.0 or XSLT 2.0 or XQUERY

The for/in/return expression is from XPath 2.0 (and is also used in
XQuery 1.0).

  http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath20/#id-flwr-expressions
  http://www.w3.org/TR/xquery/#id-flwr-expressions

The if-absent() is from the XQuery 1.0 and XPath 2.0 Functions and
Operators Working Draft, which gets pulled into XPath 2.0 (and also
XQuery 1.0).

  http://www.w3.org/TR/xquery-operators/#func-if-absent

The separator attribute on the xsl:value-of element is from XSLT 2.0.

  http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt20/#value-of

Cheers,

Jeni

---