Re: [xsl] Extending xsltproc?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Extending xsltproc?
From: Daniel Veillard <daniel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 22:45:33 +0200
On Thu, Apr 25, 2002 at 10:07:09AM -0400, Gary Lawrence Murphy wrote:

> I've been playing around with xsltproc and while I realize it is just
> a proofing tool not meant for serious transforms, I'm wondering just
> how far it can go.

  What makes you believe "it's just a proofing tool" ?
The correct mailing list for bug reports, suggestions etc. is
xslt@xxxxxxxxx
     http://xmlsoft.org/XSLT/

  What about RTFM ? http://xmlsoft.org/XSLT/extensions.html

> discusses extensions via C as applied to the libxsl C functions; it's
> not clear if there is any mechanism for xsltproc to dynamically extend
> itself.

  Use the python based wrapper: pyxsltproc.py
     http://xmlsoft.org/XSLT/python.html

> Then again, maybe I don't need to extend it. The two transforms I
> would like to implement seem easy and commonplace, but are proving
> elusive: I would like to render a node-set into rows of columns
> without resorting to disable-output-escaping to insert the
> modulo-column </tr><tr> break, and I'd also like to be able to present
> a node-set in a new random order on each call.  If either of these
> effects can be done directly with xsltproc, I'll be one happy camper.

  Those are general XSLT questions, and this is the right place,
the first one doesn't sounds a problem, the second would need a random
generator, maybe there is one in EXSLT

Daniel

veillard@xxxxxxxxxx  | libxml Gnome XML XSLT toolkit  http://xmlsoft.org/