RE: [xsl] Extending Java Classes in XSLT2

Subject: RE: [xsl] Extending Java Classes in XSLT2
From: "Michael Kay" <michael.h.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 10:17:46 +0100
A tip: using the -t and -T options in Saxon can sometimes give you
better information as to why extension functions are failing to load.

The most likely explanations are: the class is not on the classpath, the
class is not public, the class does not have a public zero-argument
constructor.

Also note, if you invoke Saxon using the "java -jar saxon7.jar" method,
the classpath is effectively empty, so extension functions can only be
loaded using the <saxon:script archive="URL"> technique.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx
work: Michael.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx