[xsl] Re: XSLT 2.0

Subject: [xsl] Re: XSLT 2.0
From: "Dimitre Novatchev" <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 21:28:41 +0100
<kakridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:000f01c3aecc$5c1ece30$02fea8c0@xxxxxxxxx
> MSDN says that MSXML will not support XSLT 2.0... that I will need to
> move to System.Xml.  I still don't see how that is going to help me use
> XSLT 2.0.  Any ideas?

If you need XSLT 2.0 *now* you have to use Saxon 7 (I have heard about Xalan
implementation, but have no experience with it). I have been using Saxon 7
for a couple of months and am impressed by its almost production quality.
Also, Mike Kay is extremely responsive to any problems and if there are any
bugs, they get fixed promptly.

XSelerator supports running transformations with Saxon 7, however it does
not provide yet for XSLT 2.0 the nice suntax colouring and intellisense it
has for XSLT 1.0. It has two native debuggers -- for MSXML3 and MSXML4, but
not any debugger for any other XSLT processor.

I hope that this will soon change...

=====
Cheers,

Dimitre Novatchev.