Re: [xsl] Cannot output CRLF

Subject: Re: [xsl] Cannot output CRLF
From: Owen Rees <owen.rees@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 11:18:13 +0100
--On 03 May 2006 17:57 -0400 Paul Venuti wrote:

Sorry, just saw your message in my inbox after I replied to Michael. I'm
invoking Saxon from the command line on a Windows XP Pro system, like so:

C:\BMtest>java net.sf.saxon.Transform -o bpam-out.txt bpam.xml crlf.xsl
Warning: Running an XSLT 1.0 stylesheet with an XSLT 2.0 processor

Just so we're both on the same page, I upgraded to the latest A version:

C:\BMtest>java net.sf.saxon.Transform -t
Saxon 8.7.1J from Saxonica
Java version 1.4.0_04

and ran it again. Still the same result.

I am using java version 1.5.0_05 on my Windows XP system, but I don't think that is the issue; I get the CR with both the 1.5.0_06 and 1.4.2_10 versions of Java on my Linux system.

How are you checking what is in the output file? Since CRLF is the Windows native end of line it may be the tool you are using to read the file that is doing end-of-line translations. How big does 'dir' say the file is (should be 8)?

--
Owen Rees <owen.rees@xxxxxx>
Hewlett Packard Laboratories, Bristol, UK