Re: [xsl] Cannot output CRLF

Subject: Re: [xsl] Cannot output CRLF
From: "Paul Venuti" <venutip@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 11:47:07 -0400
Owen,

I found the source of the problem. I use a program called XmlPad to write my stylesheets (it's a basic free program). Apparently, it does me the favor of translating my nicely typed character references into regular line breaks. That is, after saving and re-opening the file, I see this:

 <xsl:text>Hello.
</xsl:text>

This begs the question, why hadn't I seen this before? The change is only noticeable after re-opening the file. If you save the file without closing it, nothing appears to have changed -- and you can still edit the file as though nothing had changed. Unfortunately, I hadn't closed the file or quit the program for some time, so I never noticed the replacement. I saved in Notepad; the replacement was not done; and I got my 0D 0A (finally).

Thanks so much for your help, Owen (and Michael). Sorry that it turned out to be something as stupid as the editor I was using.

Regards,
Paul