Re: [xsl] something I'd really like in XSLT

Subject: Re: [xsl] something I'd really like in XSLT
From: Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 15:14:10 +0100
David Carlisle wrote:
Perhaps this: "The import precedence only overrules a certain match if the priorities (default or explicit) are equal".

no, that is backwards: import precedence is considered before priority, templates of lower import precedence are ignored (even if they have high priority)

priority is only considered when deciding between two templates with the
same import precedence.

Oh boy. I have always misunderstood this! And implemented accordingly (which is only now that I find why I had ununderstandable bugs). Just tested it, and you are very right.

Thanks, this will save my day (and some of the past ones).