Re: [xsl] something I'd really like in XSLT

Subject: Re: [xsl] something I'd really like in XSLT
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 14:56:39 GMT
> It sure is! I don't believe I like this behavior,

part of teh reason that import wins over priority is so that (in theory)
you can take an off-the-shelf large stylesheet collection like docbook's
for example, and then customise it by importing it and then writing your
own templates of higher priority Your templates will win, you don't have
to know the detail of which priorities are used in the imported
stylesheet.

If you _want_ to merge multiple stylesheet files in a way that priority
has effect use xsl:include rather than xsl:import (I think that's
probably the main reason why there is both xsl:import and xsl:include)

David